About the Communities Facilities Scheme (CFS)
Community groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas can apply for funding under the Communities Facilities Scheme:
- The Scheme has a national allocation of 2m euro for 2017, up to 1,000 euro per project
- It provides small-scale grants for community groups all across Ireland
- It operates alongside other schemes and programmes already in place in communities, but groups can only use this funding for capital projects, or part of a capital project
Examples of projects, or parts of projects, which are eligible for this capital funding include:
- Office equipment
- Project resources
- Research facilities
- Energy efficiency equipment
The Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and Municipal District in each Local Authority will administer the Scheme on behalf of the Department.
- Communities Facilities Scheme funding is only for capital projects, or capital parts of projects
- In cases where both current and capital works are carried out together, only the capital part can get funding from this Scheme
- Groups must apply for funding to the Local Authority in which they are based, using the application form provided at the link below
- Match-funding from other sources is not required in order to be approved for a grant
See Communities Facilities Scheme Application Guidelines for further details.
The Scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of 1,000 euro per project.